since 2013 la roche university's radiologic technology program has boasted a 100 percent job placement rate. our graduates secure employment within one year after graduation.
|As of July 1, 2020, |
Ohio Valley Hospital will be known as
Heritage Valley Kennedy.
radiographers play an important role in patient care. using x-rays and computed tomography (ct) imaging, these professionals perform diagnostic imaging tests to help doctors with the evaluation and treatment of illness and disease.
皇冠hg0088开户官网offered through an affiliation with heritage valley kennedy, the radiologic technology at la roche university prepares you to become an expert in the field. this two-year program offers both clinical and theoretical training for you to meet the needs of today’s fast-paced medical environment.
皇冠hg0088开户官网our goal is to provide you with entry-level diagnostic technologist skills while preparing you for the national american registry of radiologic technologists (arrt) certification exam.
through clinical rotations at heritage valley kennedy, you’ll learn how to perform examinations, critique image quality, and identify radiation protection measures and exposure factors.
皇冠hg0088开户官网offered as a full-time, primarily daylight program, the degree may be completed within two years. you’ll take classes at the hospital two to three days per week during the fall and spring semesters, and three to five days per week during summer sessions.
successful completion earns you an associate degree in health science with a concentration in radiologic technology, as well as a certificate in radiologic technology.
What Can You Do With Your Degree?
皇冠hg0088开户官网the bureau of labor statistics projects an employment growth of 21 percent from 2012 to 2022, which is faster than the average for all occupations. our program in particular prepares you for work in:
- Physician’s offices
- Imaging centers
- Mobile imaging companies
Opportunity for Bachelor of Science Completion
la roche also offers a medical imaging program online and on campus for you to continue your education and earn a bachelor’s degree. rt/rdms-certified students may transfer up to 90 credits.
we accept a total of nine students to the radiography program each year. interviews for acceptance begin in august and continue until all nine positions are filled.
Interested candidates are therefore encouraged to apply early. High school students are encouraged to complete the required shadowing before their senior year of high school.
皇冠hg0088开户官网You must meet the following requirements for eligibility to apply:
*Students who test positive for illegal drugs or refuse to grant permission for the criminal background check will forfeit their position in the radiography program and will lose their deposit.
- Must be 18 years of age by Oct. 1 or first fall semester
- High school graduate or general equivalency diploma
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 in high school or in 12 credits from post-secondary institution
- Algebra II and Biology (high school or post-secondary) with a minimal grade of C
- Math and English proficiency as demonstrated by placing into MATH1010/1010A
- Completion of four hours documented career shadowing with a registered radiologic technologist in a hospital setting
- Attendance records from high school or recent employer
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers or recent employers
- Satisfactory results of a screening for illegal drug use (conducted by Heritage Valley Kennedy at summer orientation before first fall semester)*
- Willingness to submit to a criminal background check
classrooms, residence halls & more.
Thank you for your interest in La Roche. You will receive a response within two business days.