皇冠hg0088开户官网la roche university’s health sciences program offers a strong background in the sciences for you to succeed in a variety of health-related professions.
health care professionals improve human health in a variety of settings – from hospitals and home health, to community agencies and private practices.
No matter where they work, these professionals share one skill in common: the ability to apply the natural sciences to the delivery of health care.
Whether you plan to work in a clinical or non-clinical setting, the scientific foundation you receive at La Roche will prepare you for a growing and high-demand industry.
皇冠hg0088开户官网you’ll prepare for the demands of a growing industry by exploring the scientific, political and financial issues that impact the delivery of health care. our health sciences major is divided into four components:
- 40 credits of science and mathematics
- 18 credits of health science
- 34 credits of the core curriculum
- 28 credits of general electives
our program combines the study of natural sciences with liberal arts to prepare you for post-baccalaureate study in:
- Athletic training
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Speech-language pathology
- Clinical-nutrition dietetics
- Health information management
- Physician assistant studies
- Nursing (for credentialed health professionals or registered nurses who want to complete a bachelor’s degree)
Optional Minor/Double Major
We require 28 credits of general electives so that you have the opportunity to add a second major or minor to further your background in the sciences or liberal arts. This option provides you with an additional area of expertise, making it easier for you to compete for employment and graduate school.
la roche is located just minutes from a major metropolitan area in downtown pittsburgh. you’ll be nearby to the city’s world-class medical centers such as university of pittsburgh medical center, upmc passavant and allegheny general hospital.
in addition to la roche’s merit-based scholarships, we offer annual and endowed scholarships, thanks to our generous donors.
The John Sorbara Memorial Scholarship
皇冠hg0088开户官网this endowed scholarship was created in memory of the late john sorbara, a la roche student who passed away in 2004.
- Applicants must be a full-time undergraduate student in a health-related program at La Roche
- Must be a sophomore, junior or senior (having completed at least 30 undergraduate credits)
- Students majoring in nursing or radiologic technology are ineligible
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and remain in good academic standing during the award term
- First preference will be given to a student majoring in exercise and sports science, pursuing the athletic training program or majoring in health science
- Essay and two letters of recommendation are required
- Renewable award
What Can You Do With Your Degree?
a degree in health sciences offers a pathway to a variety of job opportunities in:
- Health care centers
- Public and private schools
- Rehabilitation centers
- Psychiatric institutions
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Private practices
- Community agencies
- Independent living centers
- Home health care
our classrooms, residence halls and more.
Thank you for your interest in La Roche. You will receive a response within two business days.