whether you want to work in law enforcement, courts and corrections, or private security, la roche university prepares you for a career in one of today's high-demand fields.
皇冠hg0088开户官网the criminal justice and criminology major studies the causes of crime and criminal deviance, the treatment of offenders, and management of the systems that ensure safety and stability in society. the program focus on three dimensions of development:
- The knowledge of law, science and human behavior
- Skills in analytical thinking, computer technology and communications
- Professionalism through an ethical perspective and multicultural understanding
皇冠hg0088开户官网additionally you'll develop skills as an investigator, researcher and linguist.
Criminal Justice and Criminology professors possess a combination of strong academic credentials and extensive practical experience in every area of the criminal justice field.
Faculty includes current and former members of the FBI, police, prosecution agencies, courts and correctional agencies.
The department chair
is a retired supervisory special agent of the FBI and a recognized expert in the areas of crime, terrorism and security.
our csi student laboratory allows you to put theory into action through the investigation of realistic, simulated crime scenes.
through the major’s internship program, you’ll also be able to work with criminal justice professionals in the areas of policing, probation and private security.
皇冠hg0088开户官网the major incorporates enough elective hours to give students the ability to complete a minor or certificate within the normal four-year degree completion time. popular combinations with criminal justice include academic disciplines such as:
- Computer Security and Forensics
- Natural Sciences
- Modern Languages
Clubs and Activities
If you excel academically, you’ll be offered membership in Alpha Phi Sigma, the National Criminal Justice Honor Society. This recognition can favorably influence your professional career.
The La Roche Criminal Justice Club also provides a social and professional outlet for you to network and meet other students.
What Can You Do With Your Degree?
A degree in criminal justice and criminology prepares students for countless careers. The choices include:
- Federal, state and municipal law enforcement
- Probation, parole and pretrial services
- Victim’s assistance officers or coordinators
- Correctional officers or counselors
- Investigators for state/federal licensing or regulatory agencies
- Security positions with federal government agencies, such as the CIA
- Positions with the police, security and intelligence branches of the various components of the U.S. Armed Forces
The rigor of La Roche’s program also provides exceptional academic preparation for graduate or law school.
In addition to La Roche’s merit-based scholarships, we offer annual and endowed scholarships, thanks to our generous donors.
Coach Scott Lang Memorial Endowed Scholarship
This scholarship provides an annual award to a currently enrolled student in any of the following majors: child and family studies, criminal justice and criminology, religious studies, elementary education and English education.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.75 GPA and demonstrate financial need
- Essay and two letters of recommendation are required
- Renewable award
our classrooms, residence halls and more.
Thank you for your interest in La Roche. You will receive a response within two business days.